-: Create An Ftp Server On Your PC :-
First of all u have to get an static IP-Address.
Need a a static ip-address for ur FTP Server.Necessity for getting
this static ip-address is ur not suppose to use ur own IP-Address.The
main reason is u dont want to show ur IP-Address to everyone , there
are many other reasons too but leave them aside..
1) Goto no-ip & create urself a free account.
2) Now ur account been created & ll receive
ur account password via mail to ur email address.
3) After getting ur password login to ur account
4.After getting logged in, click upon add a HOST its on the left
5) Type any hostname u want (eg:-abc) & select
any domain from da given list (eg:-ftpserve.com) Click on Submit.
6) Now u have owned ur own static address (example:
7) Now click downloads button which is present
above on the page & click on which operating system ur using
& den download DNS update client or u can download it from here
directly, this is for microsoft window users..
8) After getting downloaded, u have to install
this software & login here with ur email addresss & p/w
wen asked for it.
9) At last tick on da check box present at the
10) U have ur own static web address.
Installation & setting of the FTP-Server
1) You have to install Serv-U 4.1.03 , download
this software from here
2) Run Serv-U & use da wizard to setup ur
3) Click on next until u have been asked for IP-Address,
leave it as it is & click upon next.
4) Enter ur domain name u have registered (example:
abc.serveftp.com) it above in da domain field & click upon next.
5) U ll be asked for anonymous access, select
No & click upon next.
6) Next u ll be asked for creating a named account,
select yes & click upon next.
7) Choose any user name u wish (eg:-xyz) &
clcik upon next.
8) Enter password for dis account (eg:-adc341)
for security purpose choose difficult password.
9) U ll be asked for da home directory for the
account which u have created above.Select directory & click
10) Click on yes for locking dis account to da
home directory, doing dis da user cannot further move up into home
directory, click upon next.
11) At last ur account has been created click
Configuring the user accounts which u have been created.
1) On the left tree-menu, select da account which
u have been created above & den click upon General Tab.
2) Goto Hide 'Hidden' Files.
3) Check Allow only and enter the number one in
4) Set da maximum downloading speed upto wat extent
u want.As this is an account so many ll be using so set it low(eg:-10-20)
to save ur bandwidth.Don't leave it blank as uers can download with
5) choose how many users u want to login at on
time.It depends on ur connection speed try these (56 - 1, ISDN -
3, ADSL or cable - 5-6 users.)
6) Click upon Dir Access Tab.
7) Now u can c home folder here.Highlight it &
make ur permission.
8) If u want only users to download check only
these Read,List & Inherit.
9) If u want ur users to upload into ur server
& bu tto only 1 particular folder but not to downlaod, click
upon dat add button & then select dat folder, Now u have to
highlight dat folder & set these permissions on dat folder.Check,Write,Appened,List,Create
& Inherit after setting these permissions click on the arrow
which is present at the bottom right-hand corner.U want dis upload
folder 2 be list first, before da home folder.
10) If der is any folder which u dont want anyone
to access it, & it is present in the home folder, den click
da add button & den select da folder.Now u have to highlight
dat folder & see dat no all da checkboxes are left.After doing
this click upon upper arrow which is present at bottom right hand
11) There are many things u can do, These are
only the basics....
12) Your server is now ready to be connected..
13) Login with your username & password...